Sheer curtains are an alternative to the usual window treatments. Although they might not be as durable or long-lasting as their counterparts, sheer curtains provide extra light and decorate windows without obstructing views. Window treatments like sheer curtains might also be required for legal reasons in some regions, so if you’re looking for something that will go well with your décor and still let ample amounts of sunlight into your home, then this is definitely for you!
Here are just a few tips for Washing or using sheer curtains.
Having sheer curtains on your windows can open up a room.
If you’ve decided that sheer curtain is right for you, it’s important to know how to best take care of them. Here are instructions on how to wash sheer curtains to look brand new for years to come.
You will need:
- Cleaning net (if your curtains are lined)
- Washing Machine
How to wash sheer curtains:
- Put the sheer curtains in a pillowcase before putting them into your washing machine.
- Check the care label of your curtains for special instructions before Washing, and take them out of their packaging if they came in one. Remove any hooks or clips that may be attached.
- Wash your sheer curtains in cold water on a gentle cycle with regular detergent. If you’re worried about colors running, it’s best to avoid putting them in the dryer or washing them with dark-colored clothes. You can also add a fabric softener sheet into the load if you like how that smells!
- Hang the sheer curtains outside to dry whenever possible (sunny days are best). Sunlight is a natural deodorizer, so hanging them out in the sun with some breeze can freshen them up. The lack of humidity makes it easier for the curtain to dry quickly without being weighed down by too much moisture.
- If you bought lined sheer curtains, then you will want to put the cleaning net on first, next to your curtains, and finally the hooks or clips back where they belong.
- If you’re using a washing machine, avoid overloading the drum with too much laundry and use enough laundry detergent (about ½ cup of powdered soap is best).
- If you are using a clothes dryer, tumbling the sheer curtains with tennis balls is highly recommended. The tennis balls will help fluff up your pillowcase of sheer curtains, but it’s important to check them frequently to ensure they don’t snag on any buttons or zippers.
By following these basic steps for washing sheer curtains, you can enjoy these decorative window treatments for years without having to go through the hassle of purchasing new ones!
Please click here if you need sheer curtains in Rawalpindi or Islamabad and looking for right interior solution for house or office then visit our online store or contact us for more details.